69. Cattle Decapitation- Humanure- The third album by these deathgrinders had an ultra-controversial cover where a cow shits out human flesh. It was nasty enough that they had to put out a censored cover without the cow and only the wasteland, for some stores. Personally, I love it. It's always good to offend people!
68. Immortal- All Shall Fall- The eighth studio album by this black metal band has a metallic, frozen door with a face and two raven heads. The album, itself, is as cool as it's cover!
67. Autopsy- Severed Survival- This is the alternate cover to the debut album of this death metal band. It's a classic of the genre as crazed, bloodied surgeons loom on to operate. Pretty cool and scary looking, too!
66. Dissection- The Somberlain- Classic debut by this Swedish black metal act has cool artwork of a dark, ghostly figure on a horse drawn carriage that was drawn by Kristian Wahlin.
65. Killswitch Engage- The End of Heartache- The third studio album by this metalcore act is one of the sub-genre's very best! The cover of a heart-shaped pincushion held by blood-covered hands is one of the most beautiful in all of metal.
64. Morbid Angel- Gateways to Annihilation- The sixth studio by this Floridan death metal features an amazing painted cover by Dan Seagrave. It is of some monstrous temple and a gateway opening up right by it. This is the first painted cover that the band used since their classic Blessed Are the Sick.
63. Kiss- Love Gun- The sixth studio album by these hard rockers has a classic cover by Ken Kelly. The band and it's groupies look fucking awesome on it! Of note, is the long standing joke/ rumor/ whatever that Gene says that he invented the devil horns hand gesture on this album. While, I have no idea if he ever said this, I wouldn't put it underneath him. And, to that I say whatever buddy!
62. KoRn- Issues- For the fourth studio album nu-metal band Korn ran a contest and the first place winner to be used as the cover is the one I picked, here. Drawn by Alfredo Carlos, we see a ripped and abandoned doll. It has a tragic look and feel of possible child abuse or sadness, not an uncommon theme with the band.
61. Avenged Sevendfold- Nightmare- The fifth studio album by popular Cali metal/ hard rock band A7X has amazing and creepy art by Travis Smith with a little girl terrorized in her nightmares, of course, by the band's mascot looming over a graveyard.