100. Marilyn Manson- Holy Wood (In the Shadow of the Valley of Death)- This highly controversial cover had to be covered up by a sleeve in some stores (like the Circuit City that I bought it at). It's designed by P.R. Brown and Manson himself, as our favorite Antichrist superstar is crucified and missing his jaw (as a symbol of censorship, in fact).
99. Life of Agony- River Runs Red- The classic debut album from this hardcore/ metal crossover act, has the image of their logo in a pool of blood. As we open up the album, we see that the blood comes from a slit wrist.
97. Judas Priest- British Steel- The iconic cover of the classic sixth album by Priest is one of those that are immediately synonymous with the genre. The image of the hand with the studded bracelet holding up the razor blade with the band's logo and album name is just pure classic!
95. KoRn- Korn- This classic and highly influential album helped to create a sub-genre, nu-metal, of course, and is still one of the finest albums of it's kind. It's creepy cover of a little girl on a swing looking at a figure whose scary, monstrous shadow is all we see, is just as memorable. It gets under your skin with its implications.
94. Ozzy Osbourne- Blizzard of Ozz- The classic (I know, I know I've used it a lot in this section, but what can I say? We got a lot of classics here!) solo debut from the former (now current) Black Sabbath front-man has the Prince of the Darkness holding a crucifix, which he is gonna smash, it would seem.
93. Drowning Pool- Desensitized- The second album by this alt metal act had a new signer, Jason Jones, after the death of their original front-man, Dave Williams. It's a cool and sexy as fuck cover with porn goddess Jesse Jane in a pentagram bikini holding bat. Think about that you get a beautiful porn star, boobs, bikini, pentagram, and a fucking bat! How fucking awesome is that?! It caught my attention as soon as I saw it, and I bought it right then and there, without having heard a single song!
92. Death- Spiritual Healing- Ed Repka's final cover work for this seminal death metal (their third, actually) act has a preacher "curing" a handicapped person. An awesome cover for a fucking awesome album!
91. Avenged Sevenfold- City of Evil- The third studio album by this hard rock/ heavy metal outfit has their mascot riding a horse with a trail of fire behind them over the "city of evil". It looks cool as fuck!