109. Black Sabbath- Cross Purposes- The seventeenth album from the legendary British metal act came post the return and leaving of Ronnie James Dio. So Tony Martin returned for this admit ably not great but certainly highly decent album. The beautiful cover has a blonde haired angel with her wings on fire. The cover has long been one of my favorites and is a captivating imagine from the moment you lay your eyes on it.
108. Iron Maiden- No Prayer for the Dying- The eighth studio album by the mighty Iron Maiden has an awesome and badass drawing by Derek Riggs, as Eddie (who has none of his earlier scars) rises from his grave and strangles a grave robber. Sadly he was taken out of the rerelease at the behest of the band's manager Rod Smallwood. This ranking is based on the original cover, of course.
107. Dio- Last in Line- The Dio demon, Murray, stands above an Egyptian world of slaves, in this cool and classic cove, from the band's second release.
106. Amon Amarth- Twilight of the Thunder God- The seventh album by the Swedish, melodic death/ viking metal band has a fucking kick ass cover of Thor battling the Jörmungandr, a sea serpent and enemy of the thunder god, himself. There's rain, lightning, and, one would imagine, thunder adding to the overall coolness factor.
105. Helloween- Better than Raw- The eighth studio album by the German power metallers has a sexy witch brewing up a stew. There are lots of little pumpkin-head guys, and it looks cool and comic-bookish.
104. Rob Zombie- Past, Present, and Future- This compilation of White Zombie and Rob Zombie has a gorgeous cover by former Famous Monsters of Filmland artist Basil Gogos.
102. Megadeth- Youthanasia- The sixth album by Megadeth has no Vic Rattlehead on the cover, again, but it does have an old lady hanging babies out to dry by their feet. I am gonna on the record in saying that this is not the way to deal with babies who have pissed themselves.
102. Marduk- Those of the Unlight- The second album by Swedish black metal act Marduk has a dark and cool as fuck cover of cloaked men riding horses that looks like the wraiths from Lord of the Rings. Being that this is a black metal band any similarities between LOTR and the band shouldn't shock anyone.
101. Judas Priest- Sad Wings of Destiny- The second album by these gods of metal has an angel who seems sad (hence the title!) and is in some hellish world (if not, in fact, hell, itself). I love that his pendent is the Judas Priest trident. The artwork is amazing and breathtaking and the type that you want on a classic metal album. It should also be noted that the band had not yet adopted their classic logo.