Entertainment Earth

8/15/2017

Horror Crush: Ana Claudia Talancón

Today I induct the first Latina into this site's Horror Crushes, the beautiful and severely underrated, by US audiences anyway, Ana Claudia Talancón!
Talancón was born in Cancun, Mexico on May 1, 1980. In the Latin community, she is best known for her work in Mexican movies and soaps (telenovelas). As such, I already knew her from my family watching the Spanish speaking channels. As soon as I saw her, I immediately thought she was one of the most beautiful women on those channels/ programs (which is saying a lot!).
This is why I was happy as fucking hell, when I saw that she was in a horror movie, one that was, at the time, getting good word of mouth: Alone with Her (2006). In it, she plays Amy, a beautiful and sweet girl who paints and lives alone with her adorable little doggy. A sick and perverse psycho named Doug (Colin Hanks) sees her one day at the park and quickly develops an obsession with her. He begins to stalk and film and also breaks into her house installing spyware cameras. He uses this to not only see and record her, but to learn about her tastes and habits. He uses this info to try and seduce her. Anytime things don't go the way he likes, IE she dates another man, he lashes back at her, all of this unbeknownst to her.
I remember reading about it in Fangoria, who gave it a recommendation to watch. It was exciting to me, to see Talancón not only being in it, but playing the lead role. As soon as I could I saw it and, if I am not mistaken, it was through blind buying the DVD. And, thankfully I loved it! Alone with Me is one of the finest and most thoroughly chilling and disturbing found footage movies ever made. I usually feel very annoyed by this sub-genre. Although, it wasn't prevalent back then, as it is now, this one used the gimmick to make for a movie that will get under your skin. If you have never seen it, you need to stop doing what you are doing (well OK, finish reading this then go) and see it now! And, then, after that, tell all your horror loving friends to do the same thing!
Talancón is excellent in the role. She is sympathetic, and you genuinely feel and fear for her. Her performance and her character are very believable. This combining with the movie's theme of stalking insures you a horror/ thriller that will stay with you.
To add to the idea of her privacy being broken, we see her fully nude showing, masturbating in bed (albeit clothed), etc. Nude or not, Talancón is a site to behold having one of the most beautiful, natural bodies ever.
I was hoping more would see this film, unfortunately, I don't think I ever met anyone who ever did. Was I the only person who read that Fango loved this one? I don't know, but I hope I convince you to seek this movie out. IFC put out the DVD. See it and let me know what you think about it.
Unfortunately, a lot more people seemingly saw her next horror movie: One Missed Call (2008). This remake of the Takashi Miike movie of the same name is not just one of the worst horror remakes ever, but quite simply one of the most insufferable horror movies to ever be made. I recall watching this as being a fucking chore to finish. Somehow I did, in part cause I just wanted to drool all over Talancón and Shannyn Sossaman. Both are beautiful and utterly wasted, though. Sossaman has the lead role of Beth, and Talancón is her roommate Taylor Anthony. I don't remember much of anything from this festering ball of shit, other than my utter hatred for it.

Some years later she returned to horror with Enter the Dangerous Mind (2013). I haven't seen this one, but it sounds interesting. She plays the sister's friend according to IMBD. Sounds like a small role, possibly. But, I'm certainly curious, as it also stars the lovely Nikki Reed.
First off, Talancón should be in a million other American movies, especially horror flicks! Seriously, why is this woman not in more US movies?! She is an extremely talented actress who gives a great and powerful performances. She also happens to be breathtaking in her beauty. Her body is amazing, her face is beautiful, and her eyes are stunning! There are not enough Latin women in American cinema, and definitely not enough in horror. Even, though the fact is that Latinas are among the most beautiful women in the world.
And, with all of this, I very proudly induct Ana Claudia Talancón into Horror Crushes!
Are you a fan of the beautiful Ms. Talancón? Have you seen Alone with Her? What are thoughts on her and/ or the movie? Do you hate One Missed Call as much as I do? Let me know in the comments section below.

0 comments: