Entertainment Earth

4/23/2017

Chiller Theatre April 2017

On April 22, 2017, two of my friends, Alan and Freddie, and I went to have another awesome time at one of the coolest and best cons in the world, Chiller! We were super excited as this marked the return to the old location at the Hilton Parippany in Parippany, NJ!!

The guest list was truly fucking awesome, one of the best I've seen! The three of us went up to a various celebs. The first one I went up to was the beautiful Veronica Carlson. The former Hammer beauty was part of a British invasion of actors and actresses, many of whom like her had worked for the legendary studio, who were signing at the con. She signed my Dracula four film collection DVD that I own, for her work in Dracula Has Risen from the Grave. She is still beautiful, as well as being a very classy and friendly lady.
Next up for me was Tracie Savage from Friday the 13th 3D. The still beautiful actress played the character of Debbie, IE the character that reads the first issue of Fangoria (with Godzilla on the cover) and later gets a knife through her back and out her chest, in that sequel. Tracie was very friendly, in person. I asked her how it was to shoot that scene, she told me that it took about 3 hours to shoot between the FX work and using the 3D camera!
Stacey Nelkin was who we went up to next. She talked to us for a good amount of time, telling us that now she is working with people who suffer from mental issues. She even asked us what we each do. She was so sweet and awesome in person! She is also still so pretty in person, with a really great smile. Talking and meeting her was such a pleasure. She signed my Blu-ray of Halloween III: Season of the Witch.
The last person I went up was the celeb that I was most pumped to meet, the gorgeous Alexandra Paul! She was so awesome in person! We got to talk to her about what Stephen King books to read (my top three favorites that I recommended to her were: Cujo, The Shining, and Salem's Lot). We also talked about Cujo, as in the actual movie, and more King books! As, I felt that I had to, I told her that when I was a little I had seen Christine and totally crushed on her! She was so sweet and humble, about it all.
As a matter of fact, all of the celebs, that we met, were so sweet, friendly, and awesome. What's great about Chiller is how one can actually talked to celebs. There is no pressure, and at this hotel, it doesn't feel horribly crowded. It was just a blast!

After we were done with getting our autographs, a couple of us went to a Hammer Horror panel with Caroline Munro, Christopher Neame, Janina Faye, Martine Beswick, Mark Lester, and Veronica Carlson. It was an awesome, albeit short panel. As a huge Hammer fan, I am glad  that we attended it!
 
 
 
Later in the day, we got to meet up with our friend Liz and met her friends. We had dinner with them, then headed back to join the party. As always, it was a great time to be had, as music was played with celebs joining in, like Bai Ling who joined The Dead Elvi onstage. She sang and sexily danced the night away. Below, is a video of her dancing, shot by NegativePop!

 
I got some really cool stuff at the con: Blu-rays of Venom (which I got for free for buying Screem magazine), Hammer Double Feature of The Two Faces of Doctor Jekyll and The Gorgon, Jack Frost, and The Dario Argento Collection (The Cat O'Nine Tails, Deep Red, and Inferno). As well as Funko Pops of Paige from WWE and Mr. Poopy Butthole from Rick and Morty.
These are the aforementioned autographs that I got:

We had an AWESOME time! This ranks as one of the best Chillers ever! We can't wait to come back!

0 comments: