Entertainment Earth

10/24/2016

NYCC 2016- Thurs & Sat: Bonus Edition!

I have so many pics and reporting to do from my time at NYCC, that I needed to do this first ever bonus edition. I don't want you guys to miss anything!

Let's begin with a couple from Thurs:

I did get to hit the Troma booth on that very day. I finally got around to picking up The Toxic Avenger, a classic that I had not owned nor revisited since I owned it on freaking VHS in college! God, that is a lifetime ago! Anwyays, having just rewatched it last week, I can say that it holds up excellently and still fucking rules! Back to NYCC where I talked to Toxie, himself, for a while. What a nice guy he is, taking time off from fighting crime in Tromaville, New Jersey to meet his loving fans!
Lloyd Kaufman, who signed my Blu-ray (left), joked around telling my friend Alan to assure and cradle me, as the Toxic Avenger is not a real character! Wait what?! No way! Uncle Lloyd, you have broken my heart with this knowledge! Next thing I know someone will tell me that the Great Pumpkin isn't real, either!

Towards the end of the day, I passed by the IFC booth (having earlier in the day bought Road Games, which had me at Barbara Crampton! You can see it to the right along with the other swag that I bought on that day). They had an amazing and actual cadaver prop from the upcoming horror flick (Dec. 21, 2016, to be exact) The Autopsy of Jane Doe.
 Grabbing some internal organs!
 Speaking in Yoda (hey, I am wearing a Funko Pop Star Wars tee, after all) voice, "Shocked, I am!"
On to Sat:
I did not just take pics with cosplayers, but also took pics of a couple of them just by themselves. Here are some of my favorites, of those:
 OK, this Mystique midway through her changing is one of the coolest ideas ever. I love it!
Awesome, Cesrei from Game of Thrones! The glowing liquid she carried with her was an awesome bonus!
 
 Awesome Game of Thrones group cosplay!
 Battlestar Galactica! This is fucking kick ass! I love Number Six!
 Go Team Rocket! Catch yourselves some Pokemon!
Metal Star Wars!! This ruled so much as it combined two of my favorite things in life! By the way, you can see some video of this in my interview with Aurora O'Brien here: http://themastergio.blogspot.com/2016/10/video-truly-awesome-and-beautiful.html

Here are some extra pics of me in my Punisher cosplay:
Nelson D. Martinez (as Spider-Man) and myself
One more of me battling the lovely but evil Elsa turned Sith Lord!

  All photography courtesy of Negative Pop, Nelson D. Martinez, and myself.

My Previous NYCC 2016 Posts
NYCC 2016- Fri, Part 2: Cosplayers Galore!

0 comments: