Entertainment Earth

1/25/2014

The 10 Best Movies of 2013

It's that time again, for me to pick my choices for the 10 best films of last year. It took me some time, to get this list just right. But, it's ready, and I hope you enjoy reading it. As always, my top 10 list is probably different than other ones out there, but that's only cause I don't exactly have typical tastes. Well, let's not waste anymore times, here we go!

10. Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox- This adaptation of the  DC graphic novel is exciting. thrilling, and jaw-dropping. Taking place in an altered world where heroes have become villains and war has ripped the world apart, this is the most violent of all the DC animated, as well, as the finest one since Wonder Woman, as well as the best superhero film of all the ones released last year.





9. Crystal Lake Memories: The Complete History of Friday the 13th- The first of two docus to make my list this year, is this exhaustive film which chronicles all the movies, including the TV show!! Immense in it's scope and research this is the docu to end all Jason docus. A must for a fans, though it may take you a few days to get through it!





8. Would You Rather- Perhaps the most underrated horror film this year, this smart and hard edged shocker has one of the best scripts of the entire year. Plus, the acting of both Jeffrey Combs and Brittany Snow are great! As, is the ending, and fans should be pleased that the lovely Sasha Grey is in this, too. See it, if you are one of those that missed this!






7. Evil Dead-  This remake was way better than it had any right to be. Fun and blood drenched this over the top gorefest, might be the bloodiest big studio horror ever. I was shocked to see just how much I enjoyed it, but it ranks as one of the year's most fun movie going experiences I had, when my friend Kristie and I saw it. The FX are top notch and the lovely lead Jane Levy is great addition to horror heroines. Easily ranks among the best of the remakes.




6. Blackfish- The second docu on my list is a moving piece of cinema that had me bawling my eyes out and infuriated at Sea World. I was deeply bothered by the atrocities and horror stories this film revealed. It's caused quite a movement, as it should, and it's expertly told. I swear to never go to Sea World, and after you see this, you won't want to, either.







5. You're Next- Another horror film, with a great script was this fun, bloody, and, at times, funny flick has a great plot and some lively characters, including our beautiful lead, Sharni Vison, who is the best final girl of the year. A kick ass climax and killer ending makes this an even more pleasant viewing experience. It also ranks alongside the best home-invasion horror films ever made. A must see!





4. Kick-Ass 2- Fun, fast paced, and bloody action sequel, may not be as great as the original, but it's a solid film, nonetheless, and, by far, the sequel of the year. I had such a blast watching this laughing, getting all pumped up, saying oh shit, that it just ended up being one of the most fun moving going experiences of the year, for me. Also, Hit Girl still rules. Just saying.






3. The Conjuring- THE scariest film of the year! Nothing comes close to this chilling and terrifying horror tale that is without a shadow of a doubt one of the best haunted house films ever made. James Wan has made his masterpiece. Also, I am in insanely love with the gorgeous Vera Farmiga. Hey, just being honest!






2. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire- A darker and more mature sequel, this one has a far more finely tuned story. Filled with solid acting, excellent effects, and a strong script, it pushes it way out of the zone of garbage like the Twilight films. This is a great superior installment that is quality sci-fi and great film-making all around. The gorgeous Jennifer Lawrence is Hollywood's best young actress. Despite the film's length I found myself swept into it's story and never feeling it. It's kind of lame they split this year's installment and finale into two films (I HATE this trend!), but so is the greed of Hollywood. Regardless, I plan to be seeing, hopefully with my friend Kristie, as soon as we can!

1. American Mary- What more can I say about a film, I have savagely worshiped since I first saw it two years ago? The absolute best movie of the year is one of the very best horror films in ages. A true modern classic from the modern masters of the genre, the Twisted Twins: Jen and Sylvia Soska!





0 comments: