Entertainment Earth

10/24/2009

Horror Viewings for October 2009

While, I watch horror films all the time, in October I try to watch, at least when it comes to my DVDs, almost exclusively horror films. These are the horror movies I watched so far this month. I'm sharing them with you guys in case you need some suggestions for your Halloween horror movie marathon. Enjoy!

- I started the month out with this one cause I wanted a movie with lots of monsters, and this one has just that! My favorite of the Universal monster bashes, even if it does have it's share of flaws.

- I wanted more monsters, but with a more modern take, so I popped this one in. Killer splatter and excellent monster make-up FX abound. Appearances by zombies, werewolves, Dracula, the mummy, etc and a true love for the genre makes this one a treat for a horror fans. A head get step on, vampires east flesh and drink blood, bloody squibs, vampires splatter, in all a bloody good time. Oh yeah, Michelle Johnson and Deborah Foreman are total babes!

- Miike's fourth best horror film. It just got rereleased on DVD. I ain't double-dipped, and while the movie is a fav of mine, I never will. Here is my review of the second SE version of it: http://www.gorezone.net/dvdcrypt/reviewstxt/abc/auditionhb.html On a side note, Ehi Shiina is so beautiful!

- This fun A Nightmare on Elm Street rip-off is worth a look. I have had a crush on Jennifer Rubin since I first saw her in Nightmare on Elm St. 3 Dream Warriors. My full review of Bad Dreams is here: http://www.gorezone.net/dvdcrypt/reviewstxt/abc/baddreams.html

- One of Price's best films Witchfinder General, aka The Conquer Worm, is a dark, somber masterpiece. I am working on a review of the DVD for the Gorezone.net, so when I have it written up and it's on the site, I'll post the link, here.

- I been wanting to see this one since I first heard about it. A truly horrifying and discomforting horror film; it is the best baby film in the genre since the original It's Alive. Great performances and some truly shocking moments make this a must see. The powerful ending is the final gut punch.

- Tina is THE worst horror character, ever! And, the movie can be dumb as shit, at times, but stylish directing, a mean spirit, and solid acting from Donald Pleasence and the underrated Danielle Harris keep this one from being a total waste. I revisit it a lot, so it definitely holds some fun for me.

- Romero's best movie and my fifth favorite movie, ever. Great acting, great script, and a terrifying feel to it add to this influential and groundbreaking horror classic. All zombie films from here on in owe everything to this movie, and it's masterful sequel Dawn of the Dead.

- This one has been getting a lot of hype, and while not all will like it, I certainly did enjoy it. The best part of it is the last 30 minutes or so where the movie truly hits a spine chilling point. The acting is strong and Katie Featherstone has a really nice rack (which tragically she does not show). I think this one is definitely one you should see in the theaters as, I think, it's scares will best there.

I will probably be watching more horror movies, before Halloween. I hope you guys get to have a fun and safe Halloween. And, if any of you watch/watched any horror flicks this month till Halloween, and want to share them, please feel free to do so. I would love to know what you guys are watching!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!



----------------
Now playing: Five Finger Death Punch - Crossing Over
via FoxyTunes


0 comments: